The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Specification Representative opportunity, you will have:
- Solid experience and success working as a Specification Representative or in a similar creative, customer facing role
- Interior design training and experience
- Experience working with Architecture and Design (A&D) firms
- Strong presentation skills; ability to actively support Sales
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Computer literacy, including MS Office applications and experience working with databases
- A valid US Driver's License
- Willingness to travel as needed to attend customer meetings and trade shows
- A network of contacts in the A&D industry highly preferred
- Experience working with decorative laminates
- LEED certification a plus
- A bachelor's degree
- Creativity and passion for your work
- High ethical standards and values
- Ability to self-manage and motivate; an objectives-driven, detail- oriented approach
- Outstanding organization skills
- Ability to work individually and as a strong team member.
The RoleOpportunity Overview
Reporting to the Head of Specification, as Specification Representative, you will be responsible for specifications generated in your area that might be built locally, nationally or globally. Your mission will be to create awareness for the EGGER brand and products within the architectural, design and specification communities in order to drive sales through our distributor partners. While you will focus on some local business, we expect that up to 80% of your time will be spent supporting national and global efforts.
Performing Your Role
Working with a variety of stakeholders, from distributors to members of the A&D community to internal team members, you will provide ongoing promotion of EGGER’s products and services through presentations and training seminars, such as lunch-and-learns, at architectural, design and specification communities as well as sales and marketing teams at the dealer level. You will introduce our new EGGER Decorative Collection and create designs for a variety of projects including regional/national/global retail and hospitality chains, office buildings, restaurants and more. Once products are specified, you will work closely with the Sales team that will take care of quotes, pricing and orders.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Developing an A&D strategy to obtain specifications for EGGER’s decorative surface products
- Identifying high-value projects in the planning stages to target for Sales
- Assisting EGGER personnel in bringing those projects to close and assist / educate applicators, installers and dealers relative to the beneficial use of EGGER branded products
- Developing relationships with architects, designers, specifiers, distributors, architectural librarians, general contractors and end users
- Updating architect and designer libraries with product information and samples
- Managing inquiries for product information or samples
- Attending and/or exhibiting at trade shows or similar events
- Acting as consultant to the architectural and design community by assisting with project design,
product identification and application
- Reviewing project plans and specifications to determine project-specific opportunities
- Communicating and collaborating with the sales organization to ensure promotion of EGGER’s
brand and products, resulting in revenue creation
- Supporting Sales & Marketing Managers at the dealer level to increase sales of EGGER products
- Completing required administrative duties in a thorough and timely manner, such as CRM,
expense reports, project research and forecasting etc.
More Good ReasonsImpact from the Beginning
You'll be one of the first team members to join us as we take on this exciting initiative. We have established a strong network of distributors, primarily large lumber yards, have product on the ground, and a new line of innovative products. Everything is in place except the interest in our products. You will play an essential role in our interest generation strategy, allowing you to make an impact from the beginning.
Successful Model Worldwide
We've enjoyed success across the globe and will apply previous lessons in North America. We expect to see strong growth in short order and are dedicated to building the business in the U.S. and Canada over the long haul. You can build your career with EGGER.
We are a family owned business and a company that respects and values our employees. You will never be just a number here. At EGGER, every human being has relevance and makes a difference. We appreciate our employees and value their contributions.
Data Driven Choices
Our products are carefully designed to reflect current demand and trends. For example, high fashion informs our furniture design, keeping us current and relevant. We do the research and listen to the data, ensuring we're always on the cutting edge of in-demand design trends.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a benefits package including medical and other insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, mileage allowance, reimbursement of business expenses, a cell phone, iPad and/or laptop and more.
Note: This description is intended to provide you a general overview of the position and is not a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities.
Video: EGGER features a training program with a vision.
Keys to SuccessThis is a role requiring your full range of talents from creative design to building relationships to delivering outstanding presentations and more. It will be important to earn trust as you demonstrate your abilities and engender excitement as you share EGGER's product offerings. Naturally, you will have KPIs to help measure your efforts, but attitude will also be essential. You will be positive, passionate, principled and prepared. Attitude is demonstrated by our values -- values that every employee embraces. We don't simply look for employees, we look for those who share our values. They are:
- Taking action instead of just talking about it.
- Creating the stability that allows us to progress.
- Enjoying the satisfaction of having delivered what we say we will.