The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Engineering, or equivalent experience plus evidence of exceptional ability
- Multiple years of related experience, including some experience in each of the following:
- Supply chain management, warehousing, and transportation
- Vendor/carrier and material management in a manufacturing environment
- Planning, execution and delivery of projects
- Logistics experience and commercial contract negotiation expertise
- Understanding of INCOTERMS and familiarity with customs, tax, and duty requirements for international shipping
- Knowledge of and ability to competently use Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ERP programs (SAP would be a plus)
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and work with global teams in a sensitive way
- Systematic and analytical thinking with ability to work/prioritize under stress
- Skilled in conflict resolution, negotiations, and decision making
- A hands-on and self-starter mentality with the ability to jump right in and drive your function from the very first day
- Experience in a European headquartered company is a plus
The RoleWe’ve begun our expansion to the U.S., and we are starting with group leads in Finance/Administration, Technical/Production, and Sales/Marketing. You’ll be the driver for all things related to supply chain, including transportation, warehousing, etc. You’ll be the sole U.S. supply chain person to start, with a high level of autonomy as the subject matter expert on the best way to accomplish all of these activities in the U.S. market. You’ll also communicate with our production sites and engage in all activities needed for supply chain management.
You’ll begin by training on our system and our culture and building a network within our organization of over 8,000 employees worldwide. As an organization, we’ll support you in terms of professional skills growth, system support, and more. Even from the U.S., you’ll be an important part of our overall team.
Your key goals will be to build a link to our plants in Europe, engage in constant communication with our production and delivery plants, and ensure that our 3PL needs are handled. You’ll complete plans for transportation management, warehousing (we’re currently working with a 3PL company for this), pick and pack, work through customs clearance, complete materials management, stock inventory management, ensure lead times are right, and more. You’ll also take care of our customers in day-to-day operations, and ensure we present ourselves in the best possible way.
As you already know, when you’re in logistics you’re the interface, ensuring both the production and distribution sides are properly served. You’ll need to be great at balancing both to ensure customer needs are met. You’ll find that your work schedule may be longer, particularly during the startup phase of this project, and given that many of your colleagues are in Europe (which may necessitate late or early calls and meetings to match European time zones). But the reward will be that supply chain and logistics needs are set up well for success down the line.
Some of your specific tasks will be to:
- Manage and direct all distribution / warehouse activities along with the day-to-day operations of the Distribution Center to meet the needs of the business and support our growth strategy.
- Work cross-functionally to develop demand plans and drive to meet inventory goals, which effectively balance cost and industry-leading lead times.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive supplier network to ensure an optimal supply chain and mitigate risk.
- Ensure all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed, and have considered all cost variables.
- Work with Corporate Logistics to implement company processes and KPIs.
- Verify incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Manage productivity standards and operational procedures to meet business needs and KPIs.
- Maintain a working environment that provides for safety, health and welfare of warehouse / DC personnel and visitors.
- Ensure that practices and values of the business are understood and followed.
- Demonstrate the company’s core values, foster continuous improvement, share "useful" practices and learning at all levels of the organization.
What's in it for you?Impact from the Beginning
You’ll be one of the first team members to join us as we take on this exciting initiative. We have established a strong network of distributors, have product on the ground, and a new line of innovative products. You’ll play an important role in our operations as you coordinate our supply chain activities, allowing you to make an impact from the beginning.
Successful Model Worldwide
We’ve enjoyed success across the globe and expect to see strong growth in short order. We are dedicated to building our business over the long haul. So while you and the team will be building our distribution from the ground up, you’ll have the strong support of a company that has done this before, and has many resources to help you apply our success in the U.S.
We're a strong and growing company where you can build your career. Though you’ll need to come in with U.S. market-specific knowledge in logistics, warehouse, transportation, equipment, and culture, we'll train you on our business and systems, and help you network throughout our organization to set you up for success. As we grow, you'll also have plenty of opportunities to grow your knowledge, your skills, and your career. For example, once you find success in this role you may have opportunities to take over some of the local management functions on the production site.
We are a family owned business and a company that respects and values our employees. You will never be just a number here. At EGGER, every human being has relevance and makes a difference. We appreciate our employees and value their contributions, and we have key company values that ensure we stay on the right path, and help the organization to remain strong even through growth.
Our products are carefully designed to reflect current demand and trends. For example, high fashion informs our furniture design, keeping us current and relevant. We do the research and listen to the data, ensuring we're always on the cutting edge of in-demand design trends.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a benefits package including medical and other insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, and more.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you’ll need to have the requisite knowledge, but just as importantly you’ll need to be ready to be a leader. You’ll need to have a strong personality, ready to be proactive about contacting customers, working with people in the European organization, and connecting with our third-party logistics group.
To be a great fit here, you’ll need to have an entrepreneurial spirit, to enjoy challenges, and to be great at thinking big and pushing forward.
Our ideal candidate will also be flexible, ready to roll with changes in this very dynamic environment. You’ll need to have a great understanding of the bigger picture, and be able to help keep all of the balls rolling as we try to get the new facility up and running.