The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Territory Sales Representative opportunity, you will have:
- 1+ years of experience and success selling through distributors
- Solid experience in the building and/or design space (lumberyards, hardware, interior furnishings, A&D, etc.); experience working with mills and/or fabricators is a plus
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Strong coaching / training ability
- Excellent presentation and written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Computer literacy, including experience using CRM software and MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- A valid US driver's license
- Willingness to travel as needed to train, go on appointments and attend meetings with distributors
- Passion for your work and growing a territory
- High ethical standards and values
- Ability to self-manage and motivate; an objectives-driven, detail-oriented approach
- Outstanding organization skills; willingness to log data in the CRM system daily
- Ability to work individually and as a strong team member
- Ability to pass a background check
The RoleOpportunity Overview
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, as Territory Sales Representative, you will be responsible for promoting EGGER products and selling through a network of distributors across a wide, Midwestern US territory, including Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. While the territory is large, your primary focus initially will be on Grand Rapids, Elkhart and Chicago.
Your mission will be to promote the EGGER brand by developing outstanding relationships with distributors, primarily lumberyards, in your territory and training them on our products in order to drive sales growth and make them the best distributors for wood-based decorative surface materials. You will also partner with a Specification Representative and together leverage a two-step, pull through sales method that creates interest at the user level and sales at the distributor level.
Performing Your Role
Communication will be key as you build your territory and work with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external. You will provide ongoing promotion of EGGER’s products and services through presentations and training seminars, such as lunch-and-learns, and regularly attend sales meetings with distributors in order to promote our products. You will have a good deal of direct interaction with mills and fabricators, as well as with the internal team from supply chain to warehouse to sales personnel. You will introduce our new EGGER Decorative Collection, always in conjunction with your distributor partners, and sometimes along with the Specifications Representative (located in Chicago). You will enjoy working on a variety of projects, including regional/national/global retail and hospitality chains, office buildings, restaurants and more. You will work closely with the Specification Representative on design specs, and with distributors on quotes, pricing and orders in order to close business. Your efforts will be tracked in our CRM system.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Tracking your appointments, pipeline and other efforts in the company CRM.
- Communicating with all stakeholders, ensuring that projects are effectively managed and delivered, products are available, timelines are met, etc.
- Developing relationships with lumberyard and other industry distributors, as well as with architects and designers, general contractors and end users.
- Partnering with the Specifications Representative on high-value projects in the planning stages, targeting projects that will result in solid Sales.
- Assisting EGGER personnel in bringing those projects to close and educating applicators, installers and dealers relative to the beneficial use of EGGER branded products.
- Managing inquiries for product information or samples.
- Attending and/or exhibiting at trade shows or similar events.
- Communicating and collaborating with the network of distributors to ensure promotion of EGGER’s
brand and products, resulting in revenue creation.
- Completing required administrative duties in a thorough and timely manner, such as CRM,
expense reports, project research, and forecasting, customer inquiries etc.
Video: From the 16th to the 21st of January 2017, EGGER presented numerous innovations from the three company divisions of Furniture and Interior Design, Flooring, and Wood Construction. Allow yourself to be inspired!
More Good ReasonsImpact from the Beginning
You'll be one of the first sales team members to join us as we take on this exciting initiative. We have established a strong network of distributors, primarily large lumber yards, have product on the ground, and a new line of innovative products. Everything is in place. You will play an essential, core role in our business development strategy, allowing you to make an impact from the beginning.
Successful Model Worldwide
We've enjoyed success across the globe and will apply previous lessons in North America. We expect to see strong growth in short order and are dedicated to building the business in the U.S. and Canada over the long haul. You can build your career with EGGER.
We are a family owned business and a company that respects and values our employees. You will never be just a number here. At EGGER, every human being has relevance and makes a difference. We appreciate our employees and value their contributions.
Data Driven Choices
Our products are carefully designed to reflect current demand and trends. For example, high fashion informs our furniture design, keeping us current and relevant. We do the research and listen to the data, ensuring we're always on the cutting edge of in-demand design trends.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a benefits package including medical and other insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, mileage allowance, reimbursement of business expenses, a cell phone, iPad and/or laptop and more.
Note: This description is intended to provide you a general overview of the position and is not a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities.
Video: EGGER features a training program with a vision.
Keys to SuccessThis is a role requiring your full range of talents from building relationships to delivering outstanding presentations to driving sales and more. It will be important to earn trust as you demonstrate your abilities and engender excitement as you share EGGER's product offerings. Communication and tracking your efforts in our CRM system will be critical to your success.
Naturally, you will have KPIs to help measure your efforts, but attitude will also be essential. You will be positive, passionate, principled and prepared. Attitude is demonstrated by our values -- values that every employee embraces. We don't simply look for employees, we look for those who share our values. They are:
- Taking action instead of just talking about it.
- Creating the stability that allows us to progress.
- Enjoying the satisfaction of having delivered what we say we will.