The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Marketing Specialist opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations or other similar field
- 3 to 5 years of broad experience in B2B marketing, including both traditional and digital marketing
- The ability to execute marketing strategy as part of a networked team
- The bandwidth to grow along with the organization
- Strong organizational skills and a structured approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to cultural diversity
- The ability to achieve goals independently and to contribute as a team player
- Brand marketing experience in a new company
- Experience working with a team dispersed across multiple locations, ideally including team members in other countries
- eCommerce experience
Pictured: Our global trend research has identified a number of key themes. With those themes in mind, EGGER developed a new décor program around nine identifiable interior styles. These diverse styles, ranging from Industrial to Modern Classics to Living Nature and more, provide design solutions for a wide array of tastes.
The RoleReporting to the Managing Director, you will join a global marketing organization made up of four key groups:
- Group Sales & Marketing is responsible for overall guiding strategies, market intelligence and corporate communication
- Corporate Marketing handles brand management and method development, and oversees Service Centers
- Category Marketing & Product Management takes care of strategy and concepts for each product category (decorative, building and flooring), and manages products, channels and target groups (you'll interact extensively with this group)
- Local Marketing -- where you will fit in -- is responsible for executing the strategies developed by the category group, and providing local sales support
As our first feet-on-the-ground Marketing Specialist in North America, you will help organize the function as you implement strategies, with a goal of strengthening the local market approach regarding marketing. This will include:
- Defining overall local market strategy for all target groups and all product categories, in accordance with local sales and category management
- Developing and maintaining a local supplier base for printing, production of samples/POS, graphics, etc.
- Installing order/delivery processes for local suppliers
- Executing centralized developed marketing packages (such as campaigns with content for offline/online channels) under consideration of market specific needs (language, channel selection, etc.)
- Conceptualizing and organizing market-specific marketing packages for customers (supporting them with texts, pictures for flyers, web pages, newsletters, etc.)
- Organizing customer specific tools such as individual sample chains, print tools and others
- Proofreading of text translations originating from Europe used for web pages, marketing tools (printed and with real samples), presentations, and more
- Creating PR articles in magazines and relevant content for social media accounts
- Organizing participation at local exhibitions, which may involve developing or adapting fair concepts for local needs, coordinating among suppliers, and coordinating execution
- Organizing and participating in local events, trade fairs, seminars, including determining location, creating tools and materials, promoting the events and more
- Supporting sales, including preparing and conducting marketing presentations
- Updating and reviewing presentation kits for the sales team, such as sample sets, presentation equipment, presentations, tools and giveaways
Video: In January 2017, EGGER presented numerous innovations at the BAU Trade Fair in Munich. Three company divisions participated: Furniture and Interior Design, Flooring, and Wood Construction. Allow yourself to be inspired!
What's in It for YouBuild a career home
You will expand your skills and experience in this role, setting the stage for you to grow right along with our North American business. We've enjoyed success in expanding across the globe and we expect to see strong growth in short order. The corporation is committed building the business in the U.S. and Canada -- and to supporting your career goals -- over the long haul.
Setting you up for success
We are committed to laying the foundation for a long-term, mutually beneficial relationship. We'll start you with an intensive training and onboarding, including visiting corporate headquarters in Austria to meet colleagues and learn about our model. An added plus: St. Johann is a picturesque town in the foothills of the Tyrolian Alps.
Leadership through innovation
We have a very strong concept to bring to the market, backed by global market leadership that is clearly ahead of the competition. When others want to know where our industry is headed, they look to EGGER. We're certainly proud of this, but we're sharing it not to brag but to assure you that this initiative has strong potential for long-range success.
Impact from the beginning
You'll be one of the first team members to join us as we take on this exciting initiative. We have established a strong network of distributors, primarily large lumber yards, have product on the ground, and a new line of innovative products. Everything is in place except the interest in our products. You will play an essential role in sharing our story and communicating our unique value proposition, allowing you to make an impact from the beginning.
We are a family-owned business and a company that respects and values our employees. You will never be just a number here. At EGGER, every human being has relevance and makes a difference. We appreciate our employees and value their contributions.
Data driven choices
Our products are carefully designed to reflect current demand and trends. For example, high fashion informs our furniture design, keeping us current and relevant. We do the research and understand the data, ensuring we're always on the cutting edge of in-demand design trends.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a benefits package including medical and other insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, mileage allowance, reimbursement of business expenses, a cell phone, iPad and/or laptop and more.
Video: EGGER provides new employees with a training program with a vision.
Keys to SuccessTo be clear, this role is focused on execution. While we will welcome and encourage your good ideas, you will need to be willing to work within the strategies developed by the Category Marketing & Product Management group. Over time we expect that you will have more opportunity to contribute in creative and strategic ways. To excel at execution -- and beyond at EGGER -- you should bring a solid respect for structure and organization.
This role will include digital marketing, but there also is plenty of traditional marketing, too. If you are looking for a role in which you'll focus exclusively on the digital side, this isn't the position for you. However, if you can see the benefit of traditional marketing in a traditional industry (few things are more impactful than a mock-up sample), then you will fit right in.
Marketing operates in a matrix or network model, so you will need to work effectively with others, including people in Europe and other locations. A positive, outgoing personality will serve you well. At the same time, you'll need to be resourceful and able to achieve goals independently. The General Director travels extensively. Support will always be just a phone call away, but the more you are able to get answers and move forward on your own, the more effective you will be.
At EGGER we hold ourselves to high expectations, and we'll look to you to be open to feedback. You also should be willing to speak up and express your ideas. In a new venture like this, we expect that there will be some miscues. Those who excel have the courage to take some calculated risks.
Pictured: EGGER headquarters in Austria were built mainly built with the company's own products. The cutting-edge, environmentally friendly design is a testament to EGGER's innovative sense of style.